Okay guys, quick update on legislative issues so that you can see what is up in Richmond.
All of these bills are current as of 1/14/2020:
- HB 2: Firearm transfers; criminal history record information checks, penalty.
- HB 425: Transfer of multiple firearms; report to the Department of State Police.
- HB 426: Firearms, certain; penalty.
- HB 567: Indoor shooting ranges; prohibited in buildings not owned or leased by the Commonwealth.
- HB 568: Carrying or storing firearms in motor vehicles and vessels; exceptions, penalty.
- HB 569: Out-of-state concealed handgun permits; reciprocity.
- HB 599: Weapons; carrying into building owned or leased by the Commonwealth, penalty.
- HB 674: Firearms; removal from persons posing substantial risk, penalties.
- HB 812: Handguns; limitation on purchases, penalty.
- HB 853: Firearms; recklessly allowing access to certain persons, penalty.
- HB 961: Assault firearms, certain firearm magazines, etc; prohibiting sale, transport, etc., penalties.
- HB 1079: Weapons; possession in Capitol Square and legislative buildings, penalties.
- SB 14: Trigger activators; prohibition, penalty.
- SB 15: Weapons; carrying into building owned or leased by the Commonwealth, penalty.
- SB 18: Firearms; criminal history record information checks, age requirement, penalty.
- SB 70: Firearm transfers; criminal history record information check, penalty.
- SB 240: Firearms; removal from persons posing substantial risk of injury to himself, etc., penalties.
- SB 353: Outdoor shooting ranges; prohibited adjacent to residential areas, exceptions, civil penalty.
- SB 436: Virginia Voluntary Do Not Sell Firearms List; established, penalty.
- HB 161: Carrying a concealed handgun; permit not required.
As you can see, there’s a lot not to love going on in Richmond right now. Get up with your representatives and let them know where you stand.
I hope this has been useful for you. If you enjoyed, give us a follow and a share. Social media really limits our ability to advertise, and organic shares always have the biggest impact. If you think I missed something or have a question, drop a comment below.
Thanks for reading!